Yoga Immersion Course 2018/2019
Moving Beyond Asana - 4 month course
This course will explore the ancient science of Raja Yoga and the 8 Fold path of Yoga of Patanjali's Yoga Sutra’s. Each of these steps on the path of yoga gives us guidance in a systematic way to live a meaningful and purposeful life.
The aim of the course is for students to gain a more in depth knowledge and understanding of yoga as a living practice for personal development. It will explore philosophy, principles and practice of yoga to bring yoga to life on and off the mat.
11th November 2018 10am-4pm
9th December 2018 10am-4pm
6th January 2019 10am-4pm
3rd February 2019 10am-4pm
By the end of the course you will:
- Developed knowledge of the History of Yoga through to today’s modern day applications of the practice.
- Have explored both practically and theoretically Patanjali's Eight Limbs of Yoga, as outlined in The Yoga Sutras including a modern-day perspective on the Yamas & Niyamas inspiring you to live your yoga.
- Introduce you to a variety of yoga practices and techniques including Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Meditation and Chanting, demystifying technical terms and Sanskrit names
- Inspire your journey towards living your yoga through applied yoga philosophy, readings and discussions
- Give you the tools to develop a strong & committed personal yoga practise
Each day will include -
- Dharma talks and group discussion
- Physical practice open to all levels on discussion topic
- Seated Practices including pranayama and meditation.
- Self-study and contemplation.
This is a 30 hour course with 24 contact hours and 6 hours of personal study. CPD hours Investment - £160 for all four workshops, including course folder
Can be split into payments
- Deposit of £40 at the time of booking to secure your place (non-refundable)
- Balance of £120 paid 2 weeks prior to the course starting
Example Structure of The Days:
- 10- 11.30am - Yoga Philosophy, Theory & Discussion
- 11:30 – 1pm - Practical Asana, including Restorative Yoga – following a focus/style with clear learning objectives and specific theme,
- 1-2pm - Lunch (lunch is not provided, please bring a shared vegetarian dish lunch, a kitchen is available for reheating)
- 2-4pm - Yoga Philosophy, Theory & Discussion / Group Exercises and Practical Work
This course gives you the opportunity to deepen your practice and knowledge of yoga over a four monthly day retreats.
It is not a teaching training course, but designed to move yoga beyond familiar asanas or postures to developing a lifelong love of yoga in your everyday life.